Get  a Map – Which Maps?


It’s a very good idea to arm yourself with a couple of good maps. If you are new to the UK a general UK road map will be essential. Then you will need a more detailed map for locating the circles themselves. We recommend an Ordinance Survey map – see below for details.

An AA (Automobile Association) or RAC (Royal Automobile Club) UK road maps are both very good general maps for navigating main roads in the UK. Ordinance Survey Landranger or Explorer maps are excellent for navigating small countryside roads searching for crop circles. These maps are available online or from the links below. The AA and RAC maps should be available at airports, petrol stations and bookshops. The Ordinance Survey maps are available from all good book shops or tourist information centres in the UK – or the Henge shop, Avebury (see above).
OS Landranger Map Sheet 173 Swindon & Devizes: Marlborough & Trowbridge.
OS Explorer – Active Map Sheet 157 Marlborough & Savernake Forest: Avebury & Devizes.

Caution: Many shops, businesses and petrol stations have limited opening hours in the UK. Most shops close at 5.30pm each day (sometimes earlier), many do not open on Sundays at all.


Why not combine your trip with other crop circle related activities?

Why not combine your trip with other crop circle activities? Our own Crop Circle Conference takes place at the beginning of August and is held in the pretty market town of Devizes, close to many regular crop circle sites, ancient earthworks and stone monuments. Come and meet some like-minded people and hear the latest news about the phenomenon. See our Visiting the Crop Circles page for more information on the different ways in which you can make your trip to visit the circles richer and more interesting.

Our 2019 conference will be held on the 2nd, 3rd & 4th Aug 2019 – Fri – Sun. As part of our annual conference, we will be presenting an Introduction to the Crop Circles talk in Devizes on Friday 2nd of August 2019 at 2pm. The talk is open to everyone whether you are attending the conference or not. The talk lasts for one hour and entry is £10.00. Please see our Events Page for more information.