Urgent call to Action 2019/20!
We really, really need your help and support to raise funds to pay for our flights over crop circles and to continue to operate this website . 2019 was our toughest season yet and without urgent support we will be unable to continue. Like all those who provide information and artworks via the web, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find the funding we need to continue to generate the images and information. We realise these are difficult times and that some think that materials on the internet should be for free, or simply think that everyone else is doing the supporting. But we are asking each and everyone of you who enjoys the coverage of the crop circles we provide to dig deep and support us.
Before you say! We realise that there may be alternative ways to photograph the circles, but that would mean for us a substantial reinvestment in equipment and as a commercial operation (which we would be) substantial operating costs in terms of insurance, training and certification. It would also mean degrading the quality of of our photography, which we have always endeavoured to keep first class. Future-proofing our images as much as possible to create a quality archive of these amazing events has always been our top priority, as has been keeping this website and its substantial archive subscription and advert free.
Every donation and purchase helps so please do what you can and thank you from us both for all your goodwill and support.
How you can help to support our work
Recording the crop circles photographically has been the cornerstone of our work for over 20 years. Recording the circles is one of the most important things we can do in order to share the crop circles with everyone all over the World and to preserve these events for future generations. A record of each event is a good starting place, but to truly preserve and accurately project these events down the generations the quality of those images becomes paramount. With this in mind, we use high-end digital SLR cameras and hire a small helicopter to take our images. Even with the advent of drones – which are great for getting a quick record – this is still the best way of recording high quality images which will stand the test of time. Enabling continued flights over the crop circles is one of the best ways of supporting the phenomenon as a whole. All our images are freely shared via this website, with no subscription needed to view our entire online library. We are committed to continue to do this as long as funds allow. Rather than charge a standard subscription, we allow all those who use this website to choose how they might support us. But without the continued support of our customers and subscribers to our free newsletter, we could not continue our work recording this important phenomenon.
There are several ways you can help support our work
- Please let your friends and colleagues know about this website and if you have a website please put a link to this site from yours.
- Subscribe to our free Newsletter. Share and recommend it to to others.
- Use our Online Shop to buy books and pictures, and please recommend us to others.
- Attend our Annual Conference – we’d really love to meet you!
- Make a Donation.
More information about making a donation
All our work recording the crop circles is self-financed. The yearly cost of flights over the circles runs into many thousands of pounds. A one-hour flight costs £500-600 GBP. The sale of our photographs, Year Books and other items via our online shop helps to offset some of that cost, but it is a constant and difficult struggle to find the finance we need to record the circles each year.
If you feel that you would like to make a donation towards our ongoing recording of the crop circles you can make a donation through our online shop. We would gratefully receive anything that you consider appropriate, no matter how small the amount. If you would like to discuss sponsoring a flight please email us.
There are three ways to make a donation
- You can use our online shop. Our shop has a donation page and you can add a donation amount to your basket and checkout in the normal way. Click here to donate via our online shop
- This page has a PayPal ‘Donate’ button (below) which you can use to set your own donation amount. You don’t have to have a PayPal account to use this button, you will simply be asked to pay using your debit or credit card.
- Some of our regular donors send us a regular monthly amount, you can do this by using the PayPal ‘Subscribe’ button below.
- You can also send a donation via the post. Please note, we can only accept cheques in GBP, drawn on a British bank. Please make cheques payable to: STEVE ALEXANDER PHOTOGRAPHY – 27 St. Francis Road, Gosport, Hants, PO12 2UG