Dive Deeply into the Crop Circle Phenomenon…
A four-part online course hosted & presented by Karen Alexander & Geoff Fitzpatrick
Dates: Sunday 17th Jan 2021 | Sunday 24th Jan 2021
Sunday 31st Jan 2021 | Sunday 7th Feb 2021
Welcome to Crop Circle Explorers!
Our current course is now fully booked and underway.
However, Geoff and Karen will be announcing a program of Crop Circle Explorer courses for 2021 very shortly. If you haven’t already, please join our newsletter for first notice about the new course programme.
Read more about Crop Circle Explorers
There is a lot of information on this page about this course. If you would like a PDF version of this page to either print-out, or to save and read offline then please click here.
Crop Circle Explorers is a new series of online courses designed and presented by Geoff Fitzpatrick and Karen Alexander that aims to dive deeply into the crop circles and some of the related phenomena that surround them. With a focus upon the experiential, we will be combining drawing, geometry, art and the psyche to create a unique view of each formation we explore.
Explore more Deeply
Each course will explore just one crop circle, allowing us time to really look deeply at what each circle reveals to us and to follow and tease-out many of the threads that they present us with.
The language that underpins the phenomenon
We will be unpacking the geometry, numbers and ratios, inviting you to re-create each circle for yourself as part of fully immersing yourself in this beautiful mystery. Together we will explore the language that underpins the phenomenon and learn about the implicit order and creative principle it reveals.
The transformation of personal and human consciousness
In equal measure, we will also be giving time to looking at and sharing how these magnificent shapes and designs impact us personally, using specially designed visual and meditative exercises, alongside our drawing. We will look at the role of synchronicity and intuition as we allow each circle to work its magic on us and develop our drawings into modern-day mandalas. Finally, as we slowly immerse ourselves fully in each circle we will be working towards creating a ‘crop circle gateway’ to explore the way in which this phenomenon could be part of a wider and deeper transformation of human consciousness – using our own experience of them as a guide.
All of this while having fun in a tribe of like minded people!
An heartfelt invitation…
We invite you to join us on this adventure; together we will explore crop circles – experience the magic, beauty and harmony they embody – co-creating a community of like minded explorers we hope to create a joyful journey of discovery out of which new insights might emerge, both for you personally and in regard to the phenomenon as a whole.
Who is this course for?
Crop circle explorers is an invitation to uncover the hidden beauty, harmony and order revealed by crop circles. It is a language one can learn that will help you interact with the phenomenon in a fun and enriching way.
- Anyone with an open-hearted interest in crop circles – newcomer or veteran
- Those that feel called to this kind of exploration
- If you would like to learn more about the geometry and the deeper symbolism of the circles
- If you would like to develop your own connection to the crop circles
- Those that would like to develop their own personal response to, and interpretation of, the crop circles
- Have you ever wondered about mystery? Are you drawn to topics that stretch your worldview, open your mind and help you see reality in an expanded way.
- If you’ve ever gazed upon crop circles and felt captivated by their beauty and majesty.
- If coincidence and synchronicity feel meaningful for you
- If you feel an intuitive calling to the world of crop circles and would like to explore this beautiful phenomenon with a like minded tribe then….
This course is for you!!
What will you learn?
- You will learn about the first principles of sacred geometry applicable to the crop circle we are working with
- You will receive drawing tips and best practice
- Learn about how to approach drawing the crop circles
- Learn about the qualities and symbolism of sacred number, ratio and proportion
- You will understand the connection of those principles to creation and the cosmos
- Also learn about the important role personal interaction and the human psyche play in the crop circle phenomenon
- Learn about mandalas and their connection to crop circles
- Experience how to meditate upon crop circle geometry
- Enjoy the sense of satisfied completion creating mandalas affords
Why take this course?
- To get a new and deeper perspective of the crop circle phenomenon
- To develop your own practice for exploring the crop circles for yourself
- To work in a fully experiential way with a group in which your own ideas are encouraged and welcome
- To take part in a co-creative process towards a better understanding of the phenomenon
- To build a tribe of crop circle explorers!
- Enjoy giving yourself some time, space and permission to explore the beauty, harmony and mystery this rich phenomenon provides.
It is outside the scope of this course to address in detail the history of the crop circle phenomenon or to look in depth at what makes them or how. Please see our Introduction to the Crop Circle phenomenon webinar for this type of material.
In this Course: Exploring the Calstone Wellington Crop Circle of 2016
In this course we will be exploring in depth the beautiful crop circle that appeared at (Ramscombe Bottom) Calstone Wellington, Wiltshire, in 2016.
This was by far the most impressive and magnificent formations of the 2016 season. It measured some 450ft approx and was located in a sloping field on the side of Ranscomb Bottom, a deep and beautiful scenic valley at the end of the Marlborough Downs. Oldbury Castle, the Cherhill monument and the Cherhill white horse lay close-by to the north of this formation.
This design contains exquisite five-fold geometry (pentagrams and pentagons), combined with a subtle decagon (10-fold), to create a sublime visual mandala. It sits firmly in the tradition of five-fold crop circles that have appeared with some regularity, since the first pentagram in 1993 at Bythorn in Cambridgeshire. Five is the number of life, five-fold geometry is found in almost all living things on planet Earth, including mankind – there is no wonder we are inexplicably drawn to such a grand design.
This is a classic, iconic crop circle that astonished and enchanted many, it will be our task during this course to explore and uncover some of its secrets and subtleties and to begin to draw out some personal meaning from this incredible event.
You can read more about this circle and see many more pictures here.
Our sessions will run from 6pm – 8pm UK time. Please allow an extra 30 mins for each session for over-run. Please make sure you check carefully the equivalent time where you are. You can do this easily at www.timeanddate.com
- Aim – To explore the beauty, meaning and mystery of crop circles
- Objective – To provide you with a new lens to view and enjoy crop circles and give you tools to explore the phenomenon in a deeper way.
1. Unlocking the secret codes by drawing the geometry of crop circles,
2. meditation with the shapes
3. Group sharing.
Welcome and Introduction
Guided Visual Meditation
Number Symbolism and Crop Circles
Introductory Geometry Drawing Class
Guided Visual Meditation
Full formation Drawing Class
Introduction to Mandala Process
Creation of Crop Circle Mandala
Guidelines for Crop Circle Mandala Experience
Community Time and Group Sharing
Lecture on Coincidence and Synchronicity
Top of the Crops – A closing lecture on some of the most fantastic formations ever
Equipment you will need:
Notebook and pen/pencil
For the Drawing Sessions:
- A compass set – we recommend a Helix Precision Plus drawing set.
(A large bow compass with pen attachment and a smaller compass for smaller circles)
- A Ruler – at least 30cms – 50cms is best
- Pencils – H2 or H3
- Paper – Smooth A3 cartridge paper is ideal, or similar size watercolour paper if you want to paint your drawing.
- Artists tape (or masking tape)
- A3 Tracing paper
- Fine-liner pen in black 0.5
- Fine-liner pens in multi colours (Staedtler Triplus are ideal)
- Coloured pencils
- Watercolour paints
For the meditation/visualisation
A space where you can sit quietly and not be disturbed and perhaps some headphones you can plug into your computer to listen to the music
Accessing our online events
We will be using the ZOOM app for our online sessions. If you’ve never used ZOOM before don’t worry, we will send you full instructions for downloading and using the app when you book. The ZOOM app is free to download and you will not need a paying account to take part. You can use ZOOM on most devices, we recommend using your PC or laptop for the best view of the presentations.
Accessing Recordings of our Workshops
We will be recording some elements of this workshop and they will be made available as downloadable videos via a Google Drive link – for you to enjoy again after the workshop has concluded.
Booking Your Ticket
Booking is easy. We have have an integrated facility to book your ticket at the bottom of this page. Your ticket will be added to the main shopping cart on this website allowing you to use the main checkout facility and to add your tickets to any other purchases you are making on our shop. You can pay either with your PayPal account or using a credit or debit card. If you have any problems at all, or are not sure about anything you can email us for assistance. We can also send a PayPal request for your tickets if that works better for you. We’re on hand and happy to provide whatever assistance we can.
Each ticket is £150.00
- All 4 online sessions – a total of 8 hours over 4 weeks.
- Preparing to Draw PDF – by Karen Alexander
- Working with Manadalas PDF – by Geoff Fitzpatrick
- Access to PDFs of presentations used in the course
- Access to recordings of the two drawing sessions (2 & 3) for post course review.
- Further Reading Materials list.
We do have a small number of concessions for those on a low income. Please email us for details.
Pay in Instalments?
We’re happy to arrange payments in instalments please email us for further details.
What happens when you’ve booked your ticket?
You will receive an immediate acknowledgement of your booking in an automatic email, but you will need to wait up to 24-48 hours for a further email containing all the information about joining the course and links to pre-course materials.
In this second email we will also send you information about how to download Zoom and how to use the programme. You will also receive a Zoom Meeting ID number and password which will get you access to the live online sessions.
If you have not heard from us please check your Junk email folder – sometimes these emails can get placed in there in error. You can also add our email address to your contacts/address book in your email program, this will help the emails not be filtered into your Junk folder. Our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome any questions you might have. Please email us we’ll be pleased to help if we can.
About your Hosts
Karen Alexander is main conference organiser, conference host, workshop facilitator and speaker. Karen is a long time circles researcher (1990-present day) who has for many years brought a thoughtful and introspective touch to researching the crop circles. A highly respected and influential speaker and writer, her work seamlessly fuses sacred art, spirituality, psychology and philosophy – the scholarly and the intuitive. Karen is perhaps best known as the writer behind the annually published Crop Circle Year Books (1999 – 2019) and Crop Circles: Signs, Wonders & Mysteries (Arcturus, 2006 & updated in 2009 & 2012). She is also known for her hand drawn images and paintings of the crop circles which are widely admired and collected. Karen has a background in counselling and psychotherapy and has facilitated and taken part in a number of groups and projects over the last 20 years looking specifically into crop circles and their connection with consciousness.
Geoff Fitzpatrick was introduced to mandalas whilst studying the pioneering work of Carl G Jung and has spent the past 15 years exploring the intersection of geometry, spirituality and psychology through these symbols. Working with mandalas has opened Geoff to the profound power geometry possesses to influence states of consciousness. The construction of sacred sand mandalas during Geoff’s Mandalanature sessions opens people to a deeper aspect of themselves by blending creativity, geometry and mindfulness in a unique and special way. In addition to his studies at Trinity College and the Milltown Institute, Geoff has trained with Dr. Stanislav Grof MD learning a psychotherapeutic technique called Holotropic Breathwork. Dr. Grof’s cartography of the psyche informs the Manalanature model entirely. Geoff is also a regular visitor to the crop circles, to experience their spaces and contemplate their geometries. Geoff combines his love of Mandalas, consciousness and the circles to form a unique view of this phenomenon.